Couple Therapy Swanley
Thank you for being here. My name is Michael Sewell and I am a fully accredited couple counsellor, with over 8 years’ experience specialising in relationship therapy. I hold a Master’s Degree in Relationship Therapy and I’m fully accredited with BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I understand that this might be a challenging time for you. Therefore, my aim is to support you in achieving your couple therapy goals throughout this counselling process. RelationshipcCounselling can evoke a wide range of emotions as we explore different themes and aspects of your life. It’s important to remember that many individuals have experienced similar emotions, and it’s completely natural to feel and express them during our sessions.
During our time together, this space will provide you with an opportunity to gain insight, understand and learn. Along with having the time to reflect on your own experiences. Both of you will have the chance to express your concerns and discuss the issues that are important to you.
Relationships often involve multiple factors that can impact them. Together, we will explore each of these components, examining how they manifest in your daily life and the roles they play.
I’m here to provide a supportive and non-judgmental environment as we navigate this relationship therapy journey together.
How couple therapy can help
- You will gain a deeper understanding of your partner through effective communication techniques.
- I will help you overcome relationship barriers by identifying and addressing personal triggers that hinder communication and intimacy.
- We will establish healthy boundaries for a stronger and more fulfilling relationship.
- I will support you in exploring the impact of attachment styles on your relationship dynamics.
- To discover your love language, to better help you and your partner identify how you both like to receive love from each other.
- You will experience a safe and non-judgmental environment where you can freely discuss your relationship concerns in complete confidentiality.
I have over 8 years of counselling experience and have successfully completed a Master’s degree in a course founded by ‘Relate’. Following my education, I continued working with Relate for several years. Throughout my career, I have worked with diverse couples spanning various ages, backgrounds, cultures and religious beliefs.
Additionally, I have provided counselling services to individual adults, young individuals (aged 10-25) and families. This was in both the charity sector and private practice. I also have experience in coaching clients to help them achieve their personal goals.
- Master’s Degree in Relationship Therapy
- Fully Accredited with BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Fully Accredited with NCPS (National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society) previously NCS (National Counselling Society)
- Life Coaching Essential CPD
I hold accreditation from the BACP and adhere to their ethical standards in my practice. Additionally, I engage in clinical supervision and maintain professional indemnity insurance.
If you would like to make an appointment to see Michael for couple therapy Swanley. Please contact him via Relationship Counselling Kent today. Book Now